Bubba G’s healthy jelly lollies
These jelly lollies are nutritious and Bubba G absolutely loves them. I make them with Great Lakes Gelatin (the unflavoured beef gelatin in the orange container).
I found this recipe on Thank your body.
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice or fresh orange juice.
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries all taste great). I use fresh berries after the Hep A scare with imported frozen berries.
- 1 – 2 Tbs honey (raw and organic).
- 5 Tbs gelatin (from grass fed cows). I use Great Lakes.
- Pour juice and berries into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries become tender and begin to soften. Or heat them in your thermomix.
- Add honey and stir until completely incorporated. You will want the fruit to dissolve quite a bit until you have a compote.
- Puree mixture using a blender or thermomix.
- Let sit (off heat) for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Whisk in gelatin, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk vigorously until completely incorporated, mixing the gelatin in very gradually to avoid lumps. (If you do get lumps, just run the mixture through your blender again or you can put it back on the heat to help dissolve the gelatin).
- Pour into a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 glass dish. Refrigerate until set (30 minutes to an hour). Cut in small squares. I use silicon ice containers and cup cake holders to create cute shapes.
I keep these in the fridge, but they transport and keep well at room temperature as well.
Here are some other delicious jelly recipes:
With love, light and appreciation