Sweet potato and lentil soup
I needed to find a simple recipe with ingredients that I had at home for lunch today; and I wanted to use my newly made chicken broth as well. This is what I found (it is a thermomix recipe, but could easily be made in a pot on the stove):
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm pieceof ginger, peeled
- 1 long red chilli (I didn’t have one, so I used 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch of sugar
- 2 medium sweet potato (approx 400 grams)
- 100 grams red lentils (I needed to add some Green French lentils because we didn’t have enough of the red ones)
- 2 Tbs TM vegetable stok concentrate (I used my chicken broth)
- 1 filtered water (I used my chicken broth)
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Place chilli, garlic, onion and ginger into bowl and chop on speed 7for 2 secs. Add cumin to the other ingredients in the bowl and sautee on 100 degrees, 3 mins, speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients except coriander and cook on 100 degrees for 25 minutes on speed 1. Puree for 1 minute on speed 9. Serve with fresh coriander if desired.
It smells divine!
With love, light and appreciation